Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Where You're At



South Africa
Hi Poets, Peggy from Southern California here.

One of the things I like about the poetry blogsphere is how it is a meeting place for people
from all over the world.  I love to think about where each person is as he or she is writing. (I always look on your profiles.)

Belize
Holister, California

This week please write about where you are living.

You can do this from your own perspective or from the perspective of someone or something else. Tell us about the sights, sounds and smells of where you are.  Tell us about your area, your street, your city, your neighborhood or even your home.

Tell us something we might not know about what it's like there. I know some of you have snow at this time of year. Some of you live in desert or tropical areas. Some live in cities, some in the country. What is that like?

I look forward to learning about the places you each live.
Big Bear Lake, California
Please write your new poem and post it on your blog, then use Mr. Linky below to share it here. It is also important in making this poetry sharing community stronger that you visit at least some of the links others have posted and leave a comment. We all like to know that someone out there is reading what we write!!

19 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your poetry this week!! Stay warm, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am looking forward to all the poetry and hearing about where you live or work. I am having a surprisingly difficult time focusing on just what to write about that reflects where I live. It is amazing how often I stump myself with my own prompts!! But I will post something tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well these poems should be delightful reading and I am looking forward to them. Thanks for the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to the variety of places we will see as we visit and read each other's poems!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great prompt, i went for a summer house in the park where i spent my summer holidays in my town, by the sea in sussex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for another great prompt, Peggy.
    Happy Wednesday everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. heya...on a borrowed computer since mine crashed and home in the snow...
    playing catch up...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stumbled upon your site, and have linked to a poem I did just a bit ago as I sat at my kitchen table looking out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Peggy! I will be back to read and comment...off to take a little one to the doctor. Be warm and safe if any of you are in the storm region!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was one I've been meaning to share for a while ... but I keep going back to 'improve' or change wording or rethink it ... oh well. it's time to share it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finally got mine written but wish I had created something more creative. Oh well. I may keep trying and add another poem to the page later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  12. Hello there. I'm from England. An interesting post that I enjoyed reading.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this prompt and I'm looking forward to reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Peggy! I really enjoyed this prompt--wow, Big Bear Lake brought back a bunch of CA memories :-) Looking forward to reading--it is amazing to be able to talk to people all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very...Very...busy week....yet the prompt is so tempting...So here I am sharing my verse. Hope you all like it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Peggy, this was such an interesting prompt! I really enjoyed reading everyone's poems and learning a little more about who we all are and our view of the world every day. Thanks Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is my first time sharing with you guys and already I feel like I have an insight into so many others' poetry. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you all for participating this week. I so enjoyed reading all your poems and getting a taste of where you live. Hope to see you all around again next week and thank you for visiting my blog and the blogs of other people who post. Makes it fun and you do eventually start to feel like you are getting to know some of the people who hang around here.

    ReplyDelete

After you post your poem and comment, please take the time to visit poems of other poets! People will add poems throughout the week, so check back every couple days to catch what is new.