Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Dandelion

This week I want us to look, ponder, consider and write poems about Dandelions.



I have a confession, I love Dandelions, and to me there is something beautiful and wonderful about a field or small corner bursting with these glorious flowers.

Even their name is wonderful – ‘Lion's Tooth’ what a fantastic name for this flower.

So what do you see when you look at a field of Dandelions, as the saying goes: -

When you look at a field of dandelions you can either see a hundred weeds or a hundred wishes.

Wishes or weeds? What do you see?



Or it might be a miracle of creation – ‘The miracles of nature do not seem miracles because they are so common. If no one had ever seen a flower, even a dandelion would be the most startling event in the world.’

Let’s look at creation with new eyes, see the beauty of the common, enjoy the glory of the familiar.

‘If only dreams could be reality, that beautiful garden of sweet-smelling roses we all long for. But reality for me is no such bed of roses. It is nothing but a field of unwanted dandelions’- From the thoughts of Annabelle Fancher”

Life of full of pictures and dreams, hopes and aspirations, do we long for a rose, but cherish a dandelion?




This week just sit back, take a deep breath and write from your heart, Write how you feel about the Lion’s Tooth, the wonderful, beautiful common Dandelion.

23 comments:

  1. hello...just dropped mine...
    great topic alan...i love dandelions
    they are my fav flower...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice prompt, Alan. Looking forward to reading what others write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy this prompt and it inspires you all to be captivated with the beauty all around us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I love them. They can be a problem, a wish, and a field of flowers all at the same time. They are excellent at multitasking !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the simplicity of the dandelion. I suppose I see wishes more than weeds. Thank you for this warm prompt, Alan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great topic, Alan! Happy Valentine's Day to all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know I would like writing about this as much as I did. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got mine posted finally after having some trouble getting it to show up on my blog. I hope you can see it this time. Your prompt made me keep and eye out for dandelions on my walks and thanks to you I enjoy seeing them scattered many places. Such a happy little flower. I took a different tact on the poem though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. just got home from school...out early...we are in the middle of Snow-pocalyse here...15 inches in the next 12 hours---they say...roads are already covered so they might be right....

    catching up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, stay safe, Brian! Hope you don't lose electricity....

      Delete
  10. I love dandelions too. A weed is only a plant that is growing where one does not want it to. We definitely like and want dandelions :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dandelions always inspire, they so easily get spread around that have become weeds, although symbolize an intelligence...~ Thanks, Alan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alan- thanks for the very fun theme! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Floating in memories of "dandelion chains" - the symbolism ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fast write ... not my best, but full of memories too ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do I break the rules by posting twice ?

      Delete
    2. No, Susan....a second one is fine!

      Delete
  15. I love Dandelions! Nature in general! so much to learn from nature itself..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I knew almost right away what I'd write. Beautiful prompt --- one of those meaningful things!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nature always inspire..beautiful prompt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping over ankita...
      happy end of the week to you

      Delete
  18. Thank you all for your wonderful poems, i really enjoyed the diversity and the color this little weed inspires. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

After you post your poem and comment, please take the time to visit poems of other poets! People will add poems throughout the week, so check back every couple days to catch what is new.